Each of these amps have had the following work completed by Classic Tube Audio.
You can own these for $995.00 + Shipping
- New Power Supply Caps
- New Bias Supply Caps
- New Diodes in Power Supply and Bias Supply
- All New Coupling Caps
- New Thermistors for controlled slow start
- Checked all of the critical resistors to make sure they are within Spec
- New JJ El34 power tubes
- NOS Used Tested 87% Matched 6an8 Driver Tubes
Chassis buffed and waxed and all pots cleaned with de-oxit
The only issue is one amp has a mismatched knob – I will include a matching knob so that both amps are exactly the same. –
Also one of the amps has a scratch by the plastic Heathkit logo maybe you can see it in the photos – or I can send you another photo of the scratch if you would like.
Overall this pair of Heathkits W7-A amps are about as mint as you can get all paint is shiny with a few minor scratches – (See photos).
The Cages are also very clean, however the cages do have a few scuffs and scratches.
see these on Ebay
Heathkit w7-A el34 monoblock with tube cage
They both function 100% and sound amazing. They are a loud 55 or so watts each.
The Balance and Bias Hold Perfectly !!!
These amps are super rare –
Underside of Restored Heathkit w7-A monoblock with new coupling caps
Mint Pair of Heathkit w7-A amplifiers 100% Restored
Super Clean Heathkit W7-A with JJ El34 tubes
Just SOLD –
Here is a fully restored pair of Heathkit w5m mono-blocks, with Peerless 16309 output transformers with nickle cores
INCLUDED are a pair of Cages (not shown) these are very clean but they are un-restored with the original paint that show some signs of wear
These sound excellent. and have been lovingly restored from the ground up
I have used matched components during the rebuild and upgrade
Also Note: that the scale for the balance voltage is MV (mili-volts) and ideal is 0 volts, with the meter set to volts it reads “0”
- all parts of the chassis and have been sand blasted and painted with primer and automotive paint that was color matched with the same color as the originals(clear coated)
- the power transformers and choke have also been sand blasted primed and painted with black automotive paint (clear coated)
- Output transformer #1 has been painted with hamertone paint to match the original
- Output transformer #2 has the original paint and decal, it matches closely to the other but the origianl paint was in perfect condition
- these have SDI Labs Cap Board installed with the original can caps in place for looks (they have been clear coated with automotive paint)
NOTE: the chassis do not have lettering and the rubber feet are slightly miss-matched between the amps.
aside from the feet they are they are virtually identical
- NEW Power Switches
- all new parts – Metal film or metal oxide resistors that have been hand matched
- IEC power cord connector
- Gold Plated input jack
- lab grade Balance inputs
- gold plated banana plug speaker outputs (these have been tied to the 8ohm taps – the 4 and 16ohm taps are still available under the chassis)
- New Solen “fast caps” through out
- Silver wire or point to point in the signal path –
- Cloth covered wire in power supply
- New filter caps and SDI Labs cap board
- New tube sockets (9pin)
- NOS tube sockets (octal)
- :hi wattage ziener diode on the B+ to drop the voltage to 1957 levels (1957 line voltage was 110v modern voltage is about 115 to 117)
- Thirmisters to slow the turn-on current to allow for the power output tubes to warm up before the B+ is applied
- Higher wattage resistors in parts of the power supply to help with reliability
- Power Switch
- IEC Power Cord Connector
- Gold Plated RCA Input Jack
- Gold Plated Banana Plug Jacks
- New kt66 tubes (JJ) they are matched pairs and as a quad between amps
- NOS 5R4 Tubes – RCA Brown Base – Matched electronically – slightly different physically
- 12au7 matched various brands currently I am using RCA’s, I will ship with 4 closely matched NOS 12au7 tubes (I will re-test them and make sure they are still matched and sound great
I have been listening to these amps for at least 5 or 6 weeks and they sound great! all then need is a new home.
I will ship them in 2 boxes and they will be very well packed. – keep in mind that these amps weigh about 30 pounds each
NOS RCA 5r4 in W5m Heathkit
mili-volt scale balance voltage on w5m
mili-volt reading on heathkit w5m matched pair