Here we have a dead stock, unmolested, mint+ perfect Marantz 20b tuner that has the original Marantz factory wooden cabinet, it has only 1 small scratch on the black metal chassis that you will not even see when it is in the case. It was in a stored and dust free, smoke free environment since it was new. It looks as if it was removed from the original shipping box and placed on the shelf and never used. I can say it’s one of the cleanest components we have seen in years. Operation wise it’s perfect. The scope is bright and sharp. the face dial is bright and blue, no scratches. The unit sounds wonderful!…it needs nothing..but a new home..take a look at the underside pictured no tarnish anywhere.
accepting offers $$ this is the first solid state tuner offered by Marantz patterned after the world famous 10b…!!
Sorry it is gone (sold), we found it a happy home!
Model Twenty Marantz Solid State Tuner
Marantz 20b chassis underside
Marantz 20b Tuning Scope
Marantz 20b Stereophonic Tuner
Marantz 20b Tuner power supply - all stock
Marantz 20b tuner chassis scratch
Marantz was always a leader in quality, now it looks like they were visionary in advertizing, funny how that works.
Maarantz 8b EL34 Power Amp- Front View
Marantz 8B EL34 Power amp + GE branded Mullard’s that are matched with Xf2 Date Codes
- The small signal tubes are matched RCA drivers test very strong and inputs are GE matched and test strong.
- The power supply caps re-formed very nicely the amp has absolutely no hum, this 8b plays fine and sounds amazing.
- It is bone stock and never has been molested under the chassis.
- The meter works perfect as well as the amp bias sets up no problem.
- The front name badge is missing – We are including an aftermarket name sticker for this amp, that is similar to the original.
- Two of the four EL34′s have the broken octal center locators, but it’s easy to put them in correctly we will mark the tubes to make it very easy to get the amp up and running as soon as you get it.
- Some scratches on the chassis
- Some slight corrosion around the meter frame
- Tube cage is available true Marantz
- Bias setting cover caps are missing or were never installed at the factory – some shipped without caps
- This amp sounds fantastic, very transparent. The Matched GE branded Mullard’s make this amp really sing. We will carefully pack for safe shipment, shipping and boxing additional
Here is some history of this fantastic amp:
“In 1959, Marantz released the Model 8. With the soon-to-follow 8B, it was the only tube stereo amplifier the company ever produced. Although most regard the Model 8B (introduced in 1962) simply as a modified Model 8, there are significant differences between the two. For one thing, the 8B featured a Sidney Smith-designed transformer, and was more stable and phase-accurate, thanks in part to a negative feedback circuit originally developed for the Model 9 monaural power amplifier…… The power output of both the Model 8 and the 8B was 30 watts per channel.” – click here if you want to continue to read about the history of marantz”
Under the Chassis of the Marantz 8B 100% stock
More of the Underside of the Super Clean Marantz 8B
Marantz 8b - on the Test Bench
Closeup of the Mullard GE branded Mullard el34 tubes on the Marantz 8b
- Marantz 8b Front View of Bias Meter